Wednesday, April 25, 2007; 7:55 PM
I know, I know, I know - I feel the same as you
After a nice, long day resting at home yesterday, I chauffered my butt down to the barn today for a ride on Midnight. I was early, so I sat on his fence in the sunlight as he sauntered up to me from across the paddock and nuzzled me.

He's sweet, and he feels like mine, and he's possibly the only horse in the entire barn that will walk beside me from his paddock to just about wherever I want him to go - without a lead rope. It's very cute, when I take him out I just unclip the rope and he follows me around, so all I have to do is walk to the stalls and he's right there with me, then I just need to hang the rope on the post and he stands there for me like a lamb.

Anyways, I had a fantastic ride on him. We jumped out in the showjumping arena for the first time this year, and it was great! Midnight was delighted to be out in the open, and his ears were all pricked and alert and he was forward and he just wanted to go! He even popped himself over two small crossrails on his own accord! Alex laughed and laughed - my baby is so adorable.

Well we jumped some big jumps, high and fast - Midnight was feeling quite frisky so this was the first time ever I've had to hold him in, surprisingly. He tried to take off on several occasions and I was ahead of him and left behind at some jumps, and once he spooked rather violently at God Knows What - but it was fun - I didn't fall off or anything and it was fantastic to be jumping out in the open again. A couple of gung-ho teenage girls were galloping their ponies next door so Midnight got pretty excited and wanted to run as well. Plus, the weather was simply heavenly! Endless blue skies as far as the eye can see, lazy white clouds and a lovely breeze. You couldn't wish for better riding weather, and it's such an inexplicable amazing feeling when you're feeling the same enthusiasm as your horse!

So yes, overall a pretty good day. I had a great night last night too, what with working on assignments whilst having intriguing 6-hour long MSN conversations (I miss having those!) and Sammy turned me into a ridiculous laughing fool at the train station today with her random Harry Potter Man-Meat SMS. I actually woke up today with a huge, cheesy smile on my face and happy music has been blaring through my mp3 player all day, so let's hope this uplifting mood carries on! I've cleared off all my debt, I got a fantastic, amazing, unbelievable sky-high pay rise from Coffee Bean, my Uni enrolments are finally fixed, I've made a precious new friend and everything is working out wonderful!

I hope everything is going well for you guys too! ♥

Labels: , ,