Saturday, May 5, 2007; 1:05 AM
oh snap
You sat outside my coffee store and worked on your drawings for the entire 2 hours, whilst I served up lattes and yelled out orders for Large Cappucinos. Once in a while you'd look up and I know you hate working in a noisy, incondusive environment like the place the cafe is situated, but you were there because I was there, and then I spilt caramel all over the benchtop.

You waited for me to get off work, and then - I don't know how - we ended up having lunch together in a nice, quaint restaurant nearby and somehow we sat there talking for hours, long after the meal had finished and the tea had run cold. To be honest, I've never sat and talked over a meal for so long ever before...we sat in that restaurant for almost 2 hours!

You walked me to the bus station, but somehow you seemed reluctant. Just as we neared the traffic lights, you cast your eyes away and said, "Do you want to come over to my place?"

Your house was nothing like I expected - I've seen the interior from what you've shown me over webcam, but I didn't expect it to be so....homey. I fell in love with your desk, large and spacious and cluttered full of amazing artistic impressions, completely with two large computer screens and the exact same Wacom tablet I have. You helped me through the assignment I was horribly behind on, due to my hectic schedule, and I was incredibly grateful for the assistance, otherwise I'd never complete it on time. You're a good teacher, and I was surprised.

By the time you had shown me around your computer, given me a USB cable I sorely needed and shown me a full running tour of your house, we had lost track of time and it was dark outside. You coyly asked if I wanted to get dinner, so we ended up at another restaurant, for another long, relaxed bout of conversation as we shared a wonderful bowl of noodles. You embarrasedly told me that I was one of the very few VIP people who have gotten the privilege of being invited to your house, and that made me feel special.

By the time I got home, it was late at night and dark, but then you pushed me online and called me, and we started talking again - and now it's 4 am once again, and I have work tomorrow and I can't stop laughing at your silly jokes. So all in all, we spent almost 16 hours together today, non-stop, and we're still not sick of each other. This is the first time I've been with a person this long....without getting bored or distracted. I'm surprised it's stayed as platonic as it has been too, regardless of the fact that you've never had a female friend in your entire life.

And tomorrow we'll be talking again, then on Sunday we'll be going to meet each other at Herman's 21st birthday party. I feel like I've been seeing you more than anyone else this entire week. Where were you all the past few years of my Uni life?! I can't believe we were classmates all this while and only got to know each other last week. Unbelievable.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Nastasya said...
It sounds like a really wonderful friendship. ^^ I'm happy for you!

But does he still not acknowledge you when you're at Uni??? Because I don't approve of that. >=( That's my mean face.

Blogger Yin said...
Oh, he's okay with me in Uni now. He hasn't been turning on his cold shoulder for a while now, so its good. =)