Friday, April 18, 2008; 11:13 PM
words of wisdom
"You should never be ashamed or embarassed to say you love somebody. Why hide it?

Nowadays, people say "I love you," like it's a normal thing. It's very easy to fall in love, but very hard to keep it. That's why you have to work at it. Love is like a horse, it needs to be worked on. Otherwise it will drift apart. People change - they grow, they develop different hobbies, they have different viewpoints, etc etc. Humans get bored. That's why you need to work to keep the love. You need to make an effort. Like Sui Lan, I make it a point to go to all her horse shows and snap photos of her. She's so happy there, and it makes me happy. I have so many photos of her that she doesn't know I've got. I hope that one day, after I die, people will look at these photos and say, "Oh, he really loved her!"

-My Uncle Joe

Labels: