Monday, March 16, 2009; 12:41 AM
My wallet, I cry with you...
Now is the time I raise my finger at the economy and yell obscenely obscene language at it. Why, why must it make the US dollar so much stronger than the Australian dollar at such a time?! Whyyy, dammit??

I came across this gorgeous vintage jacket for sale online which I absolutely fell in love with - and at a price tag of $82, really, it's not that bad.

Of course, that is before I take the recession into account.

After happily adding it into my Paypal shopping cart and recalculating the currency exchange, the total almost doubles! Ugh ugh ugh recession, you are crippling my ability to stimulate the economy with some much-wanted retail therapy! At 1am on a Sunday night I am reduced to spending hours in front of the computer screen holding long, thought-out debates with myself on whether or not a simply stunning brown Velveteen bolero is really worth it! This is important, you guys! Do I really need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a jacket that I probably will only wear once (or twice) and possibly don't even need??? My brain tells me No, but my body tells me Yes Yes Yesss!!!

Dear God, save my soul for I am succumbing to the evil clenches of consumer commercialization. When in doubt, ask yourself, What Would Naruto Do?! (not the Dalai Lama, because he would tell me not to spend on frivolous purchases - but I must wonder at the exact definition of 'frivolous'... is it frivolous when you strut down High Street feeling like a million bucks in your $AUD140 vintage bolero?? IS IT??)

And I can't even wear it horse riding. AHHH FML.

In the end, I can't resist you, my gorgeous vintage bolero.

Labels: